Naples Ristorante in Disneyland's Downtown Disney.
While this was a special surprise for our Adventures by Disney tour group upon our arrival at Disneyland, the same experience is available to any group visiting Naples, though I suspect doing so requires reservations and a fair amount of advance notice. According to the Naples web site you can give them a call at 714-776-4000 to setup your own pizza party.
Some Tips from the ChefOur gracious host, Naples' Chef de Cuisine, Stefano Ciociola, offered the following tips for us when we went home to try our own hands at pizza making.
- Naples uses flour, water, and salt to make their dough (no eggs and no oil)
- Let dough rest for a few hours at room temperature before making your pizzas
- Make balls of dough and store them as half spheres, then cover while it rests
- Do not use flour while making the initial balls of dough (though we used copious amounts of flour on the tables while working our dough after it finished resting)
- We used 8 oz of dough for our personal pizzas
- When it is time to cook the pizza, use oil on the pizza pan
- Cook at 475 F for thin-crust pizza or a lower temperature for thicker-crusts
- Cook pizza until the crust is browned