PROGRESS / OPENING DATE
Other details that were revealed or confirmed, include:
- When asked how the coaster compares to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain, Minichiello described the experience as "unique" and "unlike anything else in our parks"
- When asked if all the major characters from the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs film would be present (specifically Snow White, the Prince, and the Evil Queen), Minichiello offered a vague reply, "you’ll be able to experience many of your favorite characters from the film"
- Regarding views from the attraction, Minichiello said, "we wanted to showcase those sightlines and see Storybook Circus, a little bit of Mermaid." He also added that after leaving the mine you see Prince Eric's, Beast, and Cinderella castles.
- When asked what to expect when the ride slows, Minichiello offered only "to allow the guests to enjoy the details of the scene"
- When asked about music on the attraction, Minichiello spoke only about music in the queue, which will be all instrumental, as though it were played by the Dwarfs. That queue music will include a "surprise song" that was written for the Snow White film, entitled 'Music In Your Soup' (this appears to be the song)
- Continuing with the queue, it was revealed that it will contain "some interactive elements," including "an area where guests can sort and wash jewels"
- When asked about Hidden Mickeys, Minichiello did not offer and specifics, but spoke about the wood grain on the ride vehicles and "throughout the attraction," so look for Mickey in the wood grain
- Guests will be able to make FastPass+ reservations for this attraction
- The height requirement to ride will be 38 inches
Disney also shared a video combining their CGI concept model shown side to side along with a ride video showing the current ride in its current form:
You can read the chat in its entirety by following this link: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/02/live-chat-talk-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-today-at-230-p-m-edt/